As we are specifically for mums we understand if your little one needs a feed or cuddle mid massage, we understand if nature calls, we understand if you get emotional during your treatment. We have plenty time to make sure you get the whole treatment you have earned it!
Common Postnatal Complications
So great you have arrived into motherhood, however which way you have got here and you body and mind has been through alot! Firstly Well done you ! This tends to be the part where everyone fusses over the Baby and the Mothers get forgotten a little bit.
There is a lovely quote I read thats says “Everyone holds the baby, but who holds the Mum?”I like to think this is my role!
So lets talk about the things you might be going through.
- Are you suffering with Physical problems still from the birth?
- Aches and pains and tears or a C Section scar?
- Are feeling weak from the complete body effort it took to deliver you precious bundle?
- Are you feeling anxious or depressed with everything you have been through or finding it difficult to get use to your new life and responsabilities?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed with your situation and can’t rest for worrying?
- Are you struggling with the sleep deprevation?
- Are you worried about ur breast milk and if you are producing enough?
- Are you feeling emotional and alone like no one understands exactly how your feeling?
These are all completely normal symptoms when you have been through childbirth but they can all be healed with time and to help speed up this time frame Massage therapy can help the process. Postnatal Massage is specially designed for New Mums and can be talored to suit your indivual needs.
Postnatal Massage Benefits
Postnatal Massage hosts a wide range of benefits for your mind body and sole, to heal the body and return to full health. These are just some of the benefits of Postnatal Massage.
- Postnatal Massage speeds up the healing response in the body
- Postnatal Massage helps Anxiety and depression by stimulatingthe feel good horemones.
- Postnatal Massage is beneficial for treating postpartum depression
- Massage greatly improves postpartum hormone balance.
- Prolactin and oxytocin hormone levels rise to facilitate breastfeeding.
- massage reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
- Certain essential oils may also bring hormone and mood balance.
These are just some of the amazing benefits of Postnatal Massage. I believe time is a great healer, however massage helps speed up the process.
Sarah struggled to find time for herself and felt overwhelmed and anxious most of the time, so she took advantage of our postnatal bundle and received 4 postnatal massages and baby massage course. It allowed her time for herself with baby close by and specific time to just be present with her baby, to bond and feel more relaxed and able to cope with her new busy mum life
Chloe was struggling a little bit with breast feeding, she wasn’t sure her baby was getting enough milk and worrying about it was making her feel worse. She booked in for a postnatal massage as she had heard they could help with her worrying, what chloe didn’t realise is that massage and relaxation helped the milk flow, as massage releases prolactin and oxytocin hormones which are needed in the production of breast milk.
Postnatal Treatment Menu
Seated Back Massage
This could be an option if you would be uncomfortable on the massage couch if you have had issues during labour or a C section.
Full Body Energy Massage
This massage has been designed to heal and give a boost of extra energy within the body to help you get through the long nights.
Full Body Relaxation Massage
This massage has been designed to aid deep relaxation.
So your baby finally sleeps through the night but your still awake ( Sound familiar?) You need your rest too.
Coming soon …This is a Thai style ritual used on new mothers, little pockets of material filled with healing herbs and heat. The herbs can then be taken home and used in the bath to heal wounds and help the mind rest.
Belly Binding – Coming soon
Bengkung wrapping is a old tradition method of drawing the body back in after child birth. During this treatment we will wrap your body with clay bandages to remove excess water retention then show you how to wrap, you will get the sarong to take home and wrap yourself every day for 2 weeks to 4 weeks.
Postnatal Spa Ritual
This is by far our most popular treatment bundle.
We can provide you with:
60 mins chill time, you could have a hot bath, some quiet time, read a book or magazine or a foot massage. We have some amazing mummy products you can use and a full body massage
Aromatherapy Massage Add on:
We can add pre blended aromatherapy oils to any of the massage treatments for an additional £5
Our oils are from Babyopathy a mother and baby only range of essential oils.
(ask us for some more infomation if you would like to purchase these oils for your own use
Postnatal Massage Bundle
4 postnatal 1 hour massages
We use the award winning Aromatherapy Facial brand Neals Yard Organics.
Our Facials include: Neck and Shoulder Massage, Face Massage, Head Massage
Massage and Facial Bundle
2 hours of pure bliss, Facial and Full Body Massage
Please note all bookings require 50% Deposit upon booking
Did you know we do …